Wednesday, September 11, 2013

YOU ARE ONE!

One month old that is! We are celebrating by baking you a chocolate cake.  This was mom's craving that I ordered for after delivery but never really got.  I did get some really really good chocolate chip cookies, but not my Costco chocolate cake like I really wanted.  I was bummed that we not only didn't have the money for the Costco cake, but I guess nobody really took me seriously because they never got it for me.  Sigh.  Anyway, I decided that I would celebrate your one month birthday with a chocolate cake instead.  I still don't have the money, so I thought I would bake a really delicious one instead.  I will get that Costco cake sooner or later I am sure. 

This is funny how things steamroll in this family.  Of course you can't eat chocolate cake, but your family will delightfully help you with it.  So somehow it was suggested we have chocolate cake EVERY month on your birth date.  You know, I don't know why that would be a bad idea! I personally think you should be celebrated every single day and I hope that as your mommy I can do that in some form or fashion (but it would probably give us diabetes if we ate chocolate cake EVERY DAY.  So once a month on the cake thing will do. 

Then I got to thinking it would be fun to see how you grew, so I wanted to take a picture of you in the same spot every month with a sign that said what month you were in.  And of course on your one year birthday you will actually get to EAT that huge chocolate Costco cake (hope you like chocolate...if you are actually from my loins you will) But my mind went deeper and deeper still.  Doh, how about if we take a picture of a chocolate cake along with your birthday pose every month! We might have to start the cake out small....like you...and then it will get bigger and bigger ...just like you!

Maybe I've gone stark raving mad or maybe I'm just really super hungry for chocolate cake!?

Enough about the chocolate cake.  How many times did I actually tap those words out anyway?

At one month, you are sleeping still quite a bit.  You usually wake in a fair mood, but you get grumpy as the morning progresses.  Your daily "nap" usually goes from about 11am until 3 or 4 pm.  This gives me a lot of time to get things done but I know it won't stay that way long! You absolutely LOVE baths right now.  You loved them from the beginning.  You don't really smile yet.  You have made a few smile faces in your sleep but I think those weren't really true.  Sister Camille got one smile from you and we haven't seen you flash it since.  Melted her heart! Broke mine, since SHE was the one that got the smile and not ME! Hmph.  Today, you coo'd for the first time twice! You seem to really be interested in figuring out this "talking" thing.  When you look at me, you seem like your eyes are searching me and making gestures to communicate.  It is so precious.  You don't like to be cold and usually feel really warm from your carrier.  You still like to be swaddled.  I should swaddle you more often but I get worried you want your hands out, so I don't do it as often as I should.  At one month, you tolerate all of your brothers and sisters.  You even let Eddie kiss your bald head endless times a day.  You still have that little foot shakey thing.  It's so cute! Your eyes are blue...lighter than the other kids and the center is really light. If I were to guess I would say you will have hazel eyes but everyone else thinks they will be blue.  Your legs are pretty stretched out.  Not as bowed as your sister Camille's or a few of the other kids were.  You have already gotten to go to your first concert and hold your first pumpkin (grown in our own garden!) You seem to like to be sung to.  You like to cuddle.  I think it's fabulous that you are interested in going to sleep at about 10 pm and sleeping somewhat through the night.  You might wake at about 5 or 6 am and I usually wake you to feed you too but so far I love the sleep you  are doing! You HATE your bouncy seat right now.  I mean HATE it.  I can sometimes put you in your cradle but never the bouncy seat.  I paid so much for that thing.  Hmph. You will take a pacifier and Praise the Lord, it has been a Godsend! I hope you continue to take a pacifier.  You are a fabulous sleeping partner.  You always give me the sleepy pill. And you dont' mind your carseat...yet.  You usually fall asleep in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment