And what exactly does "hump day" mean to me? Um, chaos really. And this Wednesday was no different. Of course I couldn't say that Monday or Tuesday was really relaxing either. Come to think of it...relax is not in my vocabulary. Why I seek something as elusive as relaxation is beyond me...in fact I sometimes wonder what relaxation really means to me. I'm fairly sure it's not really achievable at this point in time. I run all day taking the kids to appointments, school, activities, ect. ect. and then at night for some reason I seem to think I will have a few minutes to sit down and vegetate? Not so much. I resent the families that don't have a lot to do actually. I resent the families that put together jigsaw puzzles because they have free time. Our house has to run like a military ship. It's insane! But not all together bad per say...just very very busy. I asked for it. I got it! I'm so thankful because I'm sure it's what keeps me young and going. I don't have time to get sick or stop. I don't even have time to think sometimes. I had yet another car accident the other day. Ugh, Ugh. I decided that it was just a matter of a fact that in reality I'm always on the run, always running LATE (and yeah, sometimes there are just different levels of late but I'm always late) and always distracted. No wonder I get into so many accidents. It's not an excuse though. Well, maybe this is my excuse. I'm just very thankful that my hobby is all about hitting parked cars and not about getting into a major auto accident (yet). And all while being distracted I get majorly bored while driving. No connection to the outer world aside from the stereo.
We celebrated baby Mayson's two month birthday the other day! Wow, how quickly time goes and yet it seems like he was meant to be with us all along. What a good little guy he is. He does get cranky when he wants to go to sleep, which is like any baby really. He's still having a hard time with growing and he still spits up watery stuff when I feed him any type of formula. Maybe it's not just the formula and he is spitting up watery stuff other times as well? I asked the doctor and he is sending us to the lactation specialist and then if we don't get clear answers we will go to the GI doctor. I don't want to go that route but there's something there...something I can't put my finger on exactly. Or maybe it's just hard to believe I have a healthy beautiful baby boy with no issues! We had chocolate cupcakes and let Mayson have a special bath for his birthday. Of course this was after a very full day anyway. We went to an event earlier in the day and won $155 in gift cards! Woot! I had a feeling we would win, so I was really looking forward to going. We also went to a harvest festival with the kids. Lauren go to go to a birthday party. Her first "friend from school" birthday party. She was soooo excited but still terribly shy. I find it so hard to understand how she is so shy with her peers and not at all shy with adults. After our events of the day, we went and got free coffee at Dutch Bros. and then went to Goodwill for Halloween costume ideas. It was actually a fairly fun evening.
The weekend continued with church the next morning. I'm still a little ass hurt about the whole church Halloween party thing. Er, excuse me "costume party". I had told the kids about two weeks postpartum that we should have a Halloween party this year for the older kids since they didn't really feel like dressing up and felt like they were getting too old to trick or treat. I believe it could have been crazy horrormones talking...I dunno...but I agreed to a Halloween party. I hadn't even really thought about the specifics of pulling off such an adventure. I can't even seem to get a SHOWER in or shave my legs on any type of regular basis. What in the world was I thinking? Somehow this little suggestion got blown way out of proportion and the next thing I know I am putting on a Halloween party for the church youth group. Wah? I roll with the flow because that's what I do these days. I literally have to throw up my hands and laugh and just really give it to God to help me. Then I get told that I have to be careful with all of my Halloween activities and that they all have to be "bucolically based". Oh my gosh...uh, that is going to be a little awkward to say the least. I tried to wrap my head around that thought and wasn't really sure where to head with that. I have young kids...I don't do "gore" to begin with. I have a cute little ghost outside and spiderwebs and a little grave site in our front yard. No bloody men popping out of the ground or anything. No body parts dangling. The next thing I know, my daughter comes home from youth group and says "you don't have to do ANYTHING for the "costume party" mom because they just needed to use our house". I was really hurt at that point. Hurt that the church didn't trust my judgement and hurt that my original thought about having a Halloween party for my children was then somehow taken over by the entities at church and skewed to fit their thoughts on Halloween. Then there was the tongue lashing about how you are a sinner if you participate in the occult for Halloween at Sunday services. I am not sure how to deal with this but to again throw my hands up and let God have it also. Its not the hairiest deal in the world certainly it isn't something to get my panties in a wad about because I'm not so sure how much of the preparations I could have carried out to begin with, but it hurts that I feel like I was taken advantage of and that nobody ever tried communicating with me if they had concerns. Oh well...I guess me and my mister will get an opportunity to go out that night and let the youth have their party.
Well, it's almost Thursday....that is a day that is just okay for me. I'm hoping to be able to have a more RELAXED day. Ha! Not a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment