Friday, December 27, 2013

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

Yes, yes it is.  Why do I decide to even try to write this post because I'm in a really grouchy mood just by the order of the fact that my stupid birthday lands two days after Christmas and that is already pretty much a recipe for disappointment.  Yes, I still feel like crud.  I feel like I have this big ass gas bubble that is ready to explode out of my ass at any moment.  My kids are really unmotivated.  They want to sit in their rooms and watch their new televisions we got them for Christmas. I mean, I guess I'm happy they love their televisions and tablets...but there is going to be some limits set on all of this stuff.  My darling Camille is sweet as ever and begging me to try to make the most of the day.  Of course there will be no cake, because there is no oven to bake it in.  I was thinking of going out to the movies but Chad has his work cut out for him as far as I'm concerned with fixing all the crap that went wrong at Christmas (broken toys, doors, ect--I won't even go into detail about that).  And of course I still feel ick. So, I'm doing my best to ignore the fact that it's my birthday because I always get this kind of lump in my throat because it is always so disappointing.  I know I am a grown adult and it really shouldn't matter.  And truly I don't need a fuss.  But...all I asked for this year was a little time to put together a video montage and lemon cake with homemade enchilada's.  My husband asked why I hadn't started making them yet.  ??? Ugh really? I have to resist the urge to just kick his ass because he puts absolutely zip zero zilch into doing anything nice for me.  So I have to pretend like it doesn't bother me.  But it does.  Every year it gets to me.  I wish I could say that we could do something this weekend but we are already booked with other obligations.  Oh well...I guess it's better to pretend like I'm not getting older anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment