Friday, December 27, 2013

IT'S BEGINING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS...

Oh yes, EVERYWHERE you go.  People are so rude and a zillion cars jamming up traffic.  Please remind me  the next time I decide to run out on December 23rd for a few "quick errands" with five of my youngest kids ....please just slap me silly.  Hang me by my toenails and let me die a slow painful death because that would be far preferable to what I experienced.  My dear sweet little Edward had this notion that if he were to throw the biggest fits of his life in the store, that possibly I wouldn't discipline him in front of everyone.  And when I did,  I do believe the fit got bigger and badder.  I can' tell you how many times I heard, "wow, do you ever have your hands full".  Why yes, yes, I do.  So if you see that my hands are full, you COULD help! But that's okay.  I will survive.  I got the tasks accomplished and only had to take one valium and drink maybe one glass of wine.  Or two.  Three tops. 

I had been up night after night wrapping gifts and preparing for the holiday's.  I told my loving hubby that it felt like "Chinese torture" to be up so late night and night again.  I also had lovely thrush.  Probably brought on be a really crappy diet of mostly Christmas cookies and soda to stay awake.  That is indulgence at it's best/worse.  When candlelight Christmas Eve services came at church, I felt like it was actually a nice distraction.  Even though I did miss my ten year old being the candle lighter.  Ugh.  I saw a very pregnant friend at church and she told me she was dilated to 5cm and ready to go into labor! Is it weird that I felt a little jealous? No, not really of the pain that she was about to go through, but just the excitement and anticipation of it all.  As if I needed that on top of everything I already had on my plate.  Ha! The music was nice...even if it was a little mostly for the older generation of the church.  I love our church.  I'm not in love love with the worship. Still, it was a nice distraction and reminded me of what our purpose was truly in celebrating Christmas. 

I had myself fooled.  I thought I would make it to bed before 5am on the eve of Christmas but that did not occur...again.  I woke up the next morning with the strangest burps.  They were the egg burps that you get when you get to visit the porcelain god.  I kept trying to tell myself that I was not getting sick and it was completely the popcorn I 'd eaten the day before.  Oooof course it was.  I ended the evening indeed worshiping the porcelain god in all of my glory.  Lovely.  Months of trying to make Christmas a magical day for my children and it all came down to "that".  Tired, feverish, and just feeling absolutely rotten...Christmas was anything but magical for me.  I hope that the kids still had a good day despite the fact that I wasn't able to be much of a mommy.  I woke the next morning and thought Helter Skelter had happened to the house.  Alas, it pretty much had.  It was completely over the top ready for an episode of Hoarders.  And I do not believe anybody had any motivation to do anything about it.  We've also been eating some interesting dinners lately as on Christmas eve, a fire sparked in my oven and my sweet daughter thought that the best way to handle it would be to throw water on it  Sooooo...the heating element in the oven is no longer working.  It's interesting to realize how much you really do depend on the oven even in this day of microwaves.  But the fact that we have food in our bellies...even if our bellies are feeling less than stellar....is probably the more important factor here.  Ahhhh....the holidays....

No comments:

Post a Comment